Siddhartha Children and Women Hospital (SCWH)
Siddhartha Children & Women Hospital in Butwal (Town in Western Nepal) was establishedin November 1998. It is a joint initiative of Public Private Partnership; HMG/Nepal, Butwal Sub-metropolitan City, Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI), Butwal and AMDA. This is the first children and women hospital outside the capital city. The hospital provides speciality services for children and women. Hospital is serving the community with more than 100 number of beds.
Popular Japanese newspaper ‘Mainichi' had taken the initiative to raise funds for the construction of this hospital. The hospital is located near to the birthplace of Lord Buddha (Buddhist God). The hospital itself has been named after Buddha's childhood name, Siddhartha.
Butwal Municipality, Butwal Chambers of Commerce and Industries and District Development Committee, Rupandehi supports this hospital for the maintenance and developments.Hospital has understaining with different medical institutes for the field study of medical graduates and post graduates. It has total 10 bighas land received from the government of Nepal. Hospital building, and other blocks are constructed using resource of local stakeholders and the kind support of AMDA Japan.
- Municipality mayor chairs the Local Management Support Committees
- Conducts approx 8 deliveries a day
- Equipped with intensive care facility for newly born babies anc children (NICU, PICU etc)
- More than 35000 OPD and emergecy patients a year
- Provides training and scholarship to dedicated staff.
- 24 hour emergency service.
- Organizes mobile clinics around the periphery.
- Provides OJT for medical and paramedical students.
|4||Delivery (Normal and LSCS)||1,885||1,863||1,687||2,917||2,843||2,585||2,763|
|6||Gynae/obs surgery (including LSCS)||1,380||1,113||1,149||1,464||1,331||1,675||1,873|
|7||Income NRs. ('000)||127,458||158,236||112,055||128,070||138,552||149,618||157,073|
|8||Expenditure NRs. ('000)||124,457||159,395||112,350||131,754||142,717||152,092||159,308|