AMDA Hopsital was established as AMDA referral center of 15-bed capacity with the help of AMDA International, and Damak Municipality in November 1992. In 1995, it was upgraded to 30 bed and started working as an implementing partner of UNHCR serving as a primary referral hospital to more than 2/3 Bhutanese Refugees in addition to the local patients. By this time, AMDA Hospital is a popular hospital in eastern Nepal and provides services not only to the refugees and the local municipality, but also to the people from remote districts who need to walk even days to reach this hospital. It has been recognized as a 75-beded charity hospital from Ministry of Health and more than 100 beds are being used to serve the people in need. AMDA Hospital provides specialty services of Aneasthesiology, General Medicine, Surgery, Gynecology, Radiology, Paediatrics, Orthopedics, ENT, Dental, Eye etc. This hospital also has understaining with different medical institutes for the field study of medical graduates and post graduates. It has total 2 bighas land donated by a local donor family.
Hospital building, training center and other blocks are constructed using AMDA Nepal's fund and from the kind support of Embassy of Japan in Nepal, UNHCR, AMDA Japan and Nick Simons Institute.
- Municipality Mayor chairs the Local Management Support Committee.
- Provides scholarship and overseas training opportunities to dedicated staffs.
- Conducted approx. 20 deliveries and 15 surgeries a day in FY 2074/75.
- More than 39000 OPD patients a year.
- 24 hour Emergency service.
- Organizes mobile clinics in the periphery on the basis of its need.
- Conducts Skill Birth Attendent (SBA), Mid-level Practicum (MLP), Aneasthetic Assistant (AA) and Rural USG (RUSG) training.
|4||Delivery (Normal and LSCS)||5,551||6,150||6,407||7,046||7,159||7,438||7,110|
|5||General surgery (including LSCS)||4,696||3,843||4,203||5,708||8,496||5,929||6,027|
|6||Gyane/Obs surgery (Including LSCS)||2,278||2,441||2,900||3,527||3,790||4,278||4,738|
|7||Income NRs. ('000)||71,378||86,706||106,378||122,924||136,992||169,950||215,088|
|8||Expenditure NRs. ('000)||77,162||81,506||101,995||121,259||140,544||162,007||211,269|